Very often our clients ask us how to improve their subscriber list. Of course the size is important! A large Data Base list allows us to make a deeper and more accurate analysis. However, the quality of those contacts is important as well. What everyone wants is to share our message with a lot of people interested in our brand or products.
The truth is we also prefer clients with a larger data base! It is always hard for beginners. Let’s see what we can do:
1. Website: Include in your website a subscription box. Also in your blog, right after an interesting article you can add a call-to-action to subscribe to your newsletter, catching the reader attention. ‘Receive more article like this directly in your mail box’.
2. Social media: Social network like Facebook allows you to have a special tag for subscription in your newsletter data base, for example.
3. Adwords: Create a specific campaign to increase the number of members in your list. A promotion will always help you to attract new subscribers.
4. Download documents: Sometimes, articles or whitepapers are only available on demand. Usually, people have to submit contact information to access the information. We are talking about an exchange of contact details with valuable information.
5. Register: To access a private area of the website, make a purchase or enter in a website you must register first. Some ‘shopping clubs’ like Vente-privee, an exclusive shopping club in Europe, use this strategy as well as some online newspapers.
In this example, Mei.com in China offers a coupon for new registers. ‘Register and get 50RMB off and twice free shipping’
6. Third party: do you have any partner?
Partners are usually related to our own industry and products. This is a dedicated strategy. The subscribers of your partners might take our information as a spam. S, to avoid this we must take into consideration content relevance.
When you enjoy, when you engage, you don’t care about sharing your contact details.
In this example Royal Caribbean Cruise in China launched a game for their audience in Social Media. Their goal was to compile the contact details of all these people who were following them in social media but weren’t subscribers.
Do you also have an offline place and presence? Use it!
8. Wi-Fi: One of the techniques that always works is when you offer something in return. Or, in other words, customers’ contact details are their payment method. For example, K11, a shopping mall in Shanghai, offers free Wi-Fi to their guest in exchange for their email address or phone number.
9. Register for an event: Doesn’t matter if the event registration process is online or offline. Only ask registers for their contact information that you will use to provide them with more details or reminders regarding the event.
10. Lucky draw
When Lacoste arrived China, they had buyers in their stores but no data base. In order to collect their buyer’s data base, they did a campaign in their stores. Participate and win a trip to Sanya! Lacoste gave away 3 tickets for all-included trip to a paradisiac Island.
Only a few lucky people could win, but Lacoste increase their data base in China by over 30%.
Don’t do it:
1. Never, never, never, buy an emailing list! It’s bad for all.
The first thing you need to keep in mind is you are bothering people who don’t want to receive your information, so you are damaging your branding and your corporate image. Second, people will mark your email as a Spam, and you will have bad reputation for the rest of your email campaigns. And last but not least, you will feed the idea of spam = email and you will lose effectiveness.
Privacy & Cookies Policy
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.